Ironwood Construction recognizes that construction operations, when not properly managed, can have a negative impact on the environment. Because of this, we ensure that all construction activities are carried out in such a manner as to ensure a high standard of environmental protection and awareness. Ironwood Construction is committed to the protection and enhancement of the environment.
We aim to contribute to environmental improvement and sustainable development by using industry best practices and innovation to minimize environmental impacts. These impacts are assessed at every stage of the building process to develop solutions that are sympathetic to the environment and community. Ironwood Construction plays an active role in supporting and encouraging subcontractors to reduce their environmental impact and works in consultation with designers and suppliers to ensure our environmental goals are met on every project.
Our environmental policy relies on these principles:
- Management will demonstrate the leadership and commitment necessary to foster a culture of environmental responsibility throughout Ironwood Construction.
- Minimize and where possible, eliminate impacts on the surrounding social and natural environment.
- Pollution minimisation
- Resource and waste management; waste diversion and material separation
- Ecologically sustainable development
- Water quality management: environmental risks are identified, assessed and controlled to minimize and mitigate the environmental impacts of our operations
- All employees, contractors and operators have a responsibility to protect the environment and to prevent pollution
- All staff will be provided with the knowledge, awareness and resources required to meet their environmental responsibilities; and operations, decisions, plans and actions will be conducted in accordance with this policy.
This policy covers both the construction works as well as general office procedures.
Our objectives are to:
- Comply with, and endeavour to exceed, the requirements of all relevant environmental legislation, codes and guidelines
- Continually strive for improvement in the environmental performance of its contractors
- Take proactive measures to protect and preserve wildlife & flora and their natural habitats
- Prevent pollution and protect both the natural and built environment
- Reducing the effects of noise, dust, disturbance and inconvenience arising from its activities
- Establish periodic reviews of environmental impacts associated with company activities
- Adopt best practice, set targets, monitor and continuously improve environmental performance
- Identify and implement a continuous programme of measures to minimise identified environmental impacts,
- Involve all employees in development and implementation of our environmental action plan
- Minimize construction & demolition waste through re-use and recycling to reduce the amount of materials being disposed of in land-fill sites and safely dispose of any other types of waste